Sunday 22 November 2015

A weekend of workshops!

As we head into Christmas our lives become busier than normal, and this weekend was no different. I had three events over three days. 

The first was my Goodstart group on Friday night. We created 6 different projects (yes ambitious) and had a lovely time sharing this together.

Here are just some of the projects we created - 


Then on Saturday I helped one of my Downline team members at a class. Head on over to my Facebook page to have look at some of the cards that I made to share at that event.

And today I joined my Upline to hold our very first Card Buffet. We created a few designs each for our guests to make. Here are my three designs.........

The first was using the Happy Scenes stamps and Hearth and Home dies.
We embossed the Chocolate Chip card in the brick folder, stamped the wintery Happy scenes image behind the sponged window frame. Delicately we then wrapped some Mint Macaron dotted lace trim around as the trimming on the window.












Next was the Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate Delicate Ornament card. This was one of the favourites from the guests, with all bar one preparation kit used.  The You've Got This background stamp just set off the die nicely.















My third design used the joyous reindeer from the Jolly Christmas stamp set. A layered card with the first layer embossed with Decorative Dots folder, the second layer was stamped in Island Indigo with the Brushstrokes background stamp, the final layer had the Jolly Christmas Reindeer inside a 2-1/2" punch. The circle was rolled in Early Espresso (to match the reindeer) to provide some dimension. The believe stamp was cut using the word window punch.











After the fantastic feedback received about the Card Buffet, we will be holding a Birthday Buffet early next year to align with the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration. If you would like to be kept up to date about this or other events make sure you subscribe to my newsletter by clicking on the link.

While the weekend was super busy, I really enjoyed helping my friends create some wonderful Christmas cards and I hope to help you do the same to at your own event soon. You can click here to organise hosting an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment